2 year journey 2 me



Where does your creativity come from? Is creativity like a light switch, you can turn on and off ? If that's the case, then you could  leave your creativity on for hours and hours, even days, if need be. A famous quote of Gustave Faubert suggest a sense of order in ones life gives way for explosive and original work. Yet another famous quote points to chaos in ones souls as the connection to the switch. The title of designer was once the source of all my career ambitions ... I enrolled in a local prestigious Art School and later a community college ... seeking ... looking ... searching ... spending ... to get a piece of paper that stated in some form of legal jargon, that I was creative.
   Employed as many types of designers, I located my switch, I found it, yes I have it ! I possessed my title of designer and I knew exactly what button to push to get the flow of creative juices turned on. This is what I learned to call what I was, what I had become, I had turned into a type of creative robot or better yet my little spill was ... COD, yes I was a COD (CREATIVE ON DEMAND) and I could do it in production mode, by the flip of a switch, for a paycheck, no less, I could, would and did create. In robot mode, I slowly, quietly and completely created a super big wall to ME so I could be a creative for a living. And, what did that mean for the rest of me ... Check back next Thursday ... same bat channel ... same bat time ... and learn more about the creative process as I share more & more of my story of the  2 year journey 2 me.

Resources


"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work.” 
Gustave Flaubert

“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

Comments

  1. Hi Sonya, I can SO relate to this POST! For so many years as a "hired creative" to "create on demand"... Now, I'm still trying to figure out how to "follow my bliss" and make a living too. Looking forward to the rest of these posts! xoxo Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

best all time