Is there some sugar in your box?



Some boxes are mine, some boxes are yours. But what do you do or say, when the box to unpack is ours. Do you secretly unpack it, while no one is watching or do you wait for the perfect moment to unpack ... all the memories the box may hold when the gathering is just right. 

I am blessed to have a very large and close family and due to the nature of family ties, this year in order to survive and thrive I came up with this little box theory.....

We each have our own box to pack it all in and it's up to each of us as individuals to unpack this very same box ... this box theory dawn on me after my sister dropped off some of her boxes for me to store in my garage, I soon discover one of her boxes held a 5lb bag of sugar, and I sadly realized there was no possible way for me to know that sugar was in my sister's box.

So on Thanksgiving as a family we unpack our parents box. The box that held the marriage certificate, the box that held the birth cards, the box that held the passports, the box that held the photographs and the box that held the videos, some seen and some ... never seen.

Like the videos of our Dad teaching at Auto Diesel College. We watch videos of a dinner, our Grandmother, touring our parents dream home and we watched our children ... watch ... all twelve of them ... all of us at one time watching ... the power of video.

What about your box? Do you need to unpack or pack? Is the storage of your box delaying a blessing?


Comments

  1. Dearest sonya, i love reading your story on your thanksgiving with your family. Such treasures you found at your parents box. Thanks so much for sharing and i think i need to unpack my boxes to have a walk down memory lane. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

best all time