Sneak Peek Friday is Good Friday: so I might never forget




I keep crosses all over the place, I keep little wooden ornament crosses in the most odd places ... like ... the junk drawer or when I had a car ... I threw one in the glove box. I hang em on door knobs of doors that never open or shut ... I just hang em there ... for me to see, to catch sight of ... as I wonder or dance through a room ... I just might see WHO is keeping me. A brief and subtle reminder of my redeemer ... every where I turn.




I glued the little green cross to the wooden cross ... to make one cross ... so I might never forget ... I keep this cross ... atop of a mosaic piece ... next to a bowl and in the bowl of little rocks sits my Jesus Rock, so if you stop by for a visit ... you might see ... what HE means to me ... this ALL sits right, next to a candle, I might light at any given moment in remembrance of what he did for you and for me. WE.




But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)
Today, is Sneak Peak Friday, I'm linking up with Jennifer, over at Studio JRU, check em all out or join in.

Comments

  1. wonderful post. I too have crosses in my house and especially in my studio to remind me that my talents are a gift. My hope is that the joy brought to me by faith comes through in my art.

    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post Sonya.
    My Mom passed away many years ago on Good Friday. I think of her often but especially today.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. your an inspiration. thanks for sharing.
    God Bless,
    jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Sonya.

    I was so sad listening to the Christian radio the other day. They were saying that something is going on trying to make the cross not be a representative symbol of Christianity. It's shocking...and saddening...here's the link if you'd like to check it out.

    http://www.breakpoint.org/bpcommentaries/entry/13/16905

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful to read... happy good friday to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, Sonya. It's hard to look at a cross and not remember what it cost Him to make me free. Thanks for the reminder this Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita ... Thanks for shareN this link ... another eye OPENer ... indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post make me very happy because you know how much I love my Jesus!
    I bought a teenie christian fish symbol to put in my car because the one I had before was on a little door that broke off.
    Its neat that you have your crosses everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely crosses! And such a great reminder for this very GOOD Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Sonya! I love that you have crosses all around you. Wonderful reminder! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beauty and pain TOGETHER - our Jesus is the BENCHMARK. xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great reminders...Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there Sonya! I love each of your crosses - and the weathered door behind one of them...love the Jesus rock too...I saw some Christian word rocks the other day at Hobby Lobby, and thought "Oh, I have to go make some of those" - it will be a project for tweener and myself soon. I also wanted to tell you that I checked out your studio in the latest issue of "Studios" - it was nice to see more of your space! BUT, I didn't see those french doors that were mentioned : ). AND the scripture you chose was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these are great....a wonderful reminder at every turn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully Put Sonya! I Too Keep Crosses Everywhere Around Me. Found Some Word-Rocks Recently And Now They Reside With Me Too. :)) Happy Easter Sweet Friend, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoy your many blessings. Fondly, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  17. In a world of distractions, it is sad, but we so often need reminding of the grace by which we live and are saved. This reminder is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You wrote "I just might see WHO is keeping me." YES. Definitely, I am inspired to put crosses all over in different places. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

best all time